Best Things to do in Cornwall!
- Just on our doorstep is the SouthWest footpath in a ANOB (area of outstanding natural beauty). Walk walk walk and your batteries will be re-filled. On a windy day you can lie into the wind on the top of the cliffs, wow what an experience!
- Strangles beach just below the cliffs on our farm. Henry thought this was a perfect isolated beach for Doctor Who’s tardis to land. Maybe it did?
- A circular walk on the cliffs to Crackington (say hello to the wild ponies and Cheviot goats -animals in our conservation project) lunch at one of the cafes and a pint on the wall and up via the gorgeous woodland (reminds me of Enid Blighton stories).
- The walk on the cliffs between here and Boscastle is the most staggeringly beautiful walk you will probably ever do. Catch the busor a taxi back. Oh and watch out for the seals along the way.
- Rocky valley between Boscastle and Tintagel. We used to walk this all the time as children.
- St Nectons Glen – waterfall, spiritual place, calm serene special waters.
From Millock (with the geological rock formation world renound) to Widemouth
- From Dizzard trough the valley to Millock. Fantastic in spring time with primroses and blue bells.
- MUST DO Look out point From the cliff carpark walk down to a grassy area and have panoramic views.
- Roughtor (very close to Camelford). If you are energetic you can also walk to Brown Willy. When you are at these high points you feel you are literally on top of the world. Awesome!
- Strangles beach www.themagicofcornwall.photoshelter.com/gallery/-/G0000Cdyc4XJTx1E
- Footpaths www.destination-cornwall.co.uk/actwalk
- Tintagel, Merlins cave www.tintagelweb.co.uk
- Rocky valley www.iwalknorthcornwall.co.uk/walk/bossiney_to_rocky_valley
- Waterfall near Tintagel www.st-nectansglen.co.uk
- Bude Coast road, rock striations at Millook www.beachesincornwall.co.uk/bude/millook
- The camel trail cycling www.bridgebikehire.co.uk
- Train from Bodmin to Penzance www.thetrainline.com/stations/bodmin-parkway
- Train from St Erth to Is Iveshttp www.thetrainline.com/stations/bodmin-parkway
- Penhallam Manor www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/penhallam-manor/directions
- Eden Project www.edenproject.com
- The Lost Gardens of Heligan www.heligan.com
- National Trust www.nationaltrust.org.uk/visit/south-west
- English Heritage www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/southwest/cornwall
- Port Isaac Old Cornish fishing village (location for Doc Martin aka Port Wenn) www.docmartinhttp://www.tintagelweb.co.uk/online.net
- Padstow via the ferry at Rock www.padstow-harbour.co.uk/phc_ferry
- Launceston Castle www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/launceston-castle
- Rebel cinema www.rebelcinema.co.uk
- Plymouth theatre royal www.theatreroyal.com/prod-productions.asp
- Hall for Cornwall Truro www.hallforcornwall.org
- Bude sea pool www.meteosurfcanarias.com/en/00886-webcam-weather-live-beaches-south-west-bude-sea-pool.php
- Surfing Web Cams www.magicseaweed.com/Bude-Crooklets-Surf-Report
- Camelford swimming pool www.cornwall.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=15654
- Splash swimming pool www.cornwall.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=15653
- Cornwall beach guide www.cornwall-beaches.co.uk/north-cornwall/crackington
- Wildlife tours www.wild-trevigue.co.uk
- Surf coaching/extreme sports www.shorelineactivities.co.uk/surf-kayaking-training
- Surf lessons Widemouth Bay www.ravensurf.co.uk
- Harlequins bowling and childrens soft play area www.harlequinns.com
- Crackington outdoor Park with swings, zip wire etc.
- High ropes/cycling www.treesurfers.co.uk/contact_directions
- Camelford park
- Bray farm shop, Launceston www.facebook.com/pages/Bray-Farm-Shop/114498068570860
- The Wier on the road to Bude. Large fishing shop on the canal at Bude.
- Fishing on boats from Boscastle.
- Tavistock trout fishery (fly fishing).
- Lower lynstone coarse fishing.
- Carl Bennett from Bude. Sea fishing. West Venn.
- Lovely cute cinema on the road to Bude showing the latest films. We love this cinema and you can book online and book your seats!
- Glass Tiffany Making
- Materials, workshops with amazing cafe restaurant.
- Hire boards and suits from Patrick or Andrea at the Haven. For a life changing experience book up a surfing lesson at Widemouth or summerlease at Bude. WHATEVER YOUR AGE I URGE YOU TO DO THIS!
- Speak to Henry for good local knowledge on some fantastic cliff and woodland trails to run on. Try to beat his amazing time of 10 minutes from the washing line at Trevigue to the beach at Strangles and back. We will do a certificate for the yearly winner. The challenge is on.
- Speak to Henry for short or long routes along the stunning rugged North Cornish coastline (some real leg burners in there!).
- The Camel trail. Hire bikes at Camelford and cycle to Padstow. Very flat and anyone could do this.
- Bude sea pool. A historic 88metre long swimming pool built into the cliffface at Summerlease beach. A fantastic view of Bude is had from here.
- Camelford swimming now run by the community. A lovely pool offering adult swimming and lovely activities for children. If you want slides and wave machine head for Bude Splash.
- Bude Shoreline Triathalon.
- Usually held at the end of June/beginning of July. Great for spectators as well as competitors. A real family atmosphere.
Train Journeys From Bodmin (London to Penzance main line).
- The cafe in the signal at Bodmin parkway has had awards for gorgeous home and cakes and the freshest of food.
- Park and St Erth and take the train into St Ives. Do the cultural thing at the Tate and save on the head ache of parking.
- Lanhydrock. Watch out for outside theatre at Lanhydrock. An amazing showing of the Twits last year.
- Cothele. On the road to Plymouth. The house you could imagine living In (or so my lovely mother in law used to say!).
- You have got to go, say no more!
Gardens Of Heligan
- A peaceful day out.
Theatre Royal,Plymouth Pavillions,Hall For Cornwall, Eden sessions (St Austell):
- All within an hours driving. Fantastic venues for theatre live music and comedy.
- Gorgeous outdoor theatre carved into the cliffs. A MUST!
- Currys. Bude Tandori: my chefs favourite curry house! Michi next best!
- Chinese. Ti Andi . Good for eating in or takeaway.
- Fish and chips Camelford peckish! Or Widemouth next to great sea food shop Wet fish. And then eat your fish and chips overlooking amazing Widemouth bay! Or drive on the Millock coast road and park on the top of the cliffs with a view to die for!
- The Castle. Great food and sea views!
- Elements: Italian food.
- The Wier: A amazing walk along the canal from Bude. Great food and lovely setting overlooking a lake.
- From here to Widemouth on the coast road. A bit windy but well worth it.
- The coast road between Watergate bay and Padstow. WOW!