Here at Trevigue we love the festive season and all it stands for; family, feasting and fun. We consider ourselves extremely lucky to live in an area which is so rich in beauty and bountiful in produce, we support the ‘slow food’ movement by ensuring that everything we serve to our guests is picked, caught, grown or sourced locally. Nothing tastes better than a home-cooked supper created using local ingredients, and we must say that our homemade sausages are completely scrumptious and worth coming back for, as many of our returning guests will tell you! Our glorious county seems to have its unfair share of artisans, craftspeople and local producers so, with December just around the corner, we thought it would be a good opportunity to look at some of our favourite Christmas markets in Cornwall. In doing so we hope that you too may feel the sparkle of Christmas and enjoy some of the local flavours of the festive season!
Padstow Christmas Festival, Padstow
- When? 1st-4th December
- What? Undoubtedly one of the most popular Christmas markets in Cornwall, the Padstow festival magically combines famous chefs, local food producers and talented crafts-folk to celebrate Christmas in the historic harbour-side setting of Padstow. With cooking demonstrations from the likes of Rick Stein and Nathan Outlaw, the Padstow Christmas Festival is definitely one for the foodies among you. Plan your visit with the festival timetable here
- Website padstowchristmasfestival.co.uk
- Distance from Trevigue Farmouse 28 miles
The Castle Christmas Fair, Bude
- When? 30th November
- What? Ever shopped in a castle before? For a palpable sense of Christmas time magic enjoy an unbeatable atmosphere along with a bevy of brilliant local businesses who will be flaunting their wares in style. Antique furniture, homemade cordials, glass art, sweet & savoury crepes and so much more. We love this quirky Christmas fair and think you’ll love it too
- Website www.thecastlebude.org.uk/christmas-fair
- Distance from Trevigue Farmhouse 11 miles
The Mount Edgecumbe Christmas Fair, Torpoint
- When? 13th & 14th December
- What? With cookery demonstrations, fresh local produce and unique gifts galore, this Christmas fair even has a roving juggler, community choirs from across the county, and a life-sized nativity scene with donkeys, camels and the three wise men. If that isn’t enough, then the sprawling estate is worthy of an afternoon’s exploration too.
- Website: visitcornwall.com/whats-on/seasonal/south-coast/torpoint/mount-edgcumbe-christmas-fayre
- Distance from Trevigue Farmhouse 46miles
The ‘Made in Cornwall’ Christmas Fair, Truro
- When? 30th November- 4th December
- What? Nearly 100 of the finest local artisans, artists and food and dri
nk producers will be exhibiting at this popular annual fair on the Piazza in Cornwall’s capital City, Truro. Pottery, arts & crafts, handmade clothing, children’s treasure trail, preserves and local ales are just some of the tempting treats on offer at this year’s Made in Cornwall Christmas Fair. The throngs of merry Christmas shoppers really gets us in the spirit!
- Website www.visitcornwall.com/whats-on/seasonal/mid-cornwall/south-coast/truro/made-cornwall-christmas-fair
- Distance from Trevigue Farmhouse 44 miles
Outlaw Christmas Market, Falmouth
- When? 8th-10th December
- What? The Falmouth Christmas market invites you to browse the beautiful festively festooned marquee, enjoy a glass (or two) of mulled wine, savour some delicious street food and choose some unique gifts for your loved ones. Enjoy the live music and buoyant atmosphere which is enhanced by live taster workshops run by local experts
- Website www.outlawevents.co.uk/christmas
- Distance from Trevigue Farmouse 55 miles
The Lost Gardens of Heligan Christmas Fair, Mevagissey
- When? 10th-11th December
- What? The Lost Gardens is a magical place whatever time of the year, but at Christmas the gardens sparkle and shine with Christmas magic! This charmingly family-friendly event showcases artisans, creators, producers and makers who will join together under a canopy of festive joy. Leave room for the traditional Christmas lunch served with all the festive trimmings in the Heligan Tearoom, truly delicious.
- Website www.heligan.com/events
- Distance from Trevigue Farmouse 38 miles